Scholarship Guidelines Daystar Academy/Ivy Education Group
2020-21 School Year
Daystar Academy is proud of its ability to financially support students through the Academic Merit Scholarship Program. This program is available to both new and returning students. Applications are submitted and reviewed annually.
The Daystar Academy philosophy is to support, in part, as many families as possible as they look to finance their Daystar Academy experience from Grades 1 to 12.
Daystar Academy offers an exciting and enriching Scholarship Program aimed at stretching and developing individual talent for the benefit of the whole community.
Being a Scholar will play a key role in the life of the school, lead and inspire others while fulfilling their own potential.
Students who demonstrate strong intellectual ability across a wide range of academic disciplines may apply.
Who can apply for a Daystar Academy Scholarship?
· New Students to Daystar Academy
· Students currently enrolled at Daystar Academy
· Extraordinary talented students
· Students of all nationalities (Chinese and International) irrespective of family financial status
The following indicators will be used during the assessment process:
· Students who demonstrate strong intellectual ability and curiosity across a wide range of academic disciplines
· Students who demonstrate initiative in their schoolwork
· Students who take a positive lead in their academic and extra-curricular activities
· Students who demonstrate an aptitude for engaging with others and a passion for learning
· Students who practice the core values of Daystar Academy and have the capacity to mentor others
Daystar Academy Scholarships
A. Academic Merit Scholarship: Scholarships are awarded in recognition of Grade 6-12 students' academic success and co-curricular involvement.
B.Language Proficiency Scholarship: Grade 1-12 students who demonstrate excellence and outstanding in English Language Proficiency
C.Financial Scholarship: Scholarships take into account both the financial circumstances of Grade 1-12 applicants’ families and the students’ performance in the entrance assessments and interview process
A. Academic Merit Scholarship: Scholarships are awarded to continuing Grade 6-12 students in recognition of students' academic success and co-curricular involvement
B. Language Proficiency Scholarship: Grade 1-12 students who demonstrate excellence and outstanding potential in English Language Proficiency
C. Financial Scholarship: Scholarships take into account both the financial circumstances of Grade 1-12 applicants’ families and the students’ performance at Daystar Academy
NOTE: Academic Merit Scholarship students issued to High School students are required to:
· Complete IB Diploma Program in Grades 11-12 at Daystar Academy